KTB CEO Welcomes Crystal Symphony, Says Cruise Tourism Season Still Active

By Tobby Otum,Mombasa

Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) June Chepkemei has said that the tourism sector is still on festive season.

She said they expect another cruise ship next month with a couple others lined up before end of the festive season.

“The cruise ship tourism season in Kenya runs annually from October to April, a period during which the ports of Lamu and Mombasa receive international cruise vessels carrying thousands of visitors from across the world,” she pointed out.

Chepkemei added that the season plays a vital role in showcasing Kenya as a premier coastal and tourism destination.

She was speaking during the reception of a cruise ship known as Crystal Symphony along berth number one at the port of Mombasa in Mombasa county.

The KTB CEO said last year the tourism sector had recorded a growth of 140 per cent during the cruise tourism season in the country.

Chepkemei said she is optimistic this year the percentage will grow beyond that with the numbers in the sector on an upward trajectory.

She added that the sector is on the right track and they are happy to grow the sector with the aim to hit their target.

“Last year the tourism sector had recorded a growth of 140 per cent during the cruise tourism season in the country,” she disclosed.

Mombasa County Executive Committee Member for Tourism Mohamed Osman Ali said direct flights have boosted tourism along the coast region.

He called for collaboration of efforts to market the sector along the line of direct flights to make the country a tourism destination hub.

“Let us make the open sky policy work for entire country,” he pointed out.

On his part, Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) in charge of Corporation Secretary and General Manager, Board and Legal Services Turasha Kinyanjui who represented Managing Director Captain William Ruto maintained their facility is the premier way into the East African region countries.

[DNK-International@January 5,2026]

Read Previous

Former Makadara MP Reuben Ndolo Declares 2027 Bid to Reclaim Seat

Read Next

War on Khwisero Crime:Police Arrest 3 More SuspectsBy Our Correspondent, Khwisero

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular