By Our Correspondent,Sagana.
A man from Kagio in Kirinyaga County has reported a chilling incident in which he was allegedly drugged and robbed of cash and valuables after spending an evening with two women at a Sagana entertainment spot.
According to a report recorded at Sagana Police Station today the incident was reported at around 6:55am by Alexander Munene Mwangi, who said the ordeal began on Saturday evening.
Mwangi told police that at around 3:00pm, he went to Guvnors Lounge in Sagana for refreshments, where he was later joined by two ladies one well known to him and another familiar by appearance.
They spent several hours together before the women requested him to drop them off in Sagana town at around 10:00pm, using his motor vehicle, a Toyota pick up.
However,Mwangi says he cannot recall what transpired thereafter.
He reported that he only regained consciousness early Sunday morning at around 5:30am, when he found himself inside his vehicle at Kibirigiwi Shopping Centre, with the two women nowhere to be seen.
Upon checking his belongings, he discovered that several items were missing, including his national ID card, Equity Bank ATM card, Oppo Reno 14 mobile phone valued at approximately Sh60,000, and cash amounting to Sh10,000.
He further reported that after contacting Equity Bank customer care, he was informed that Sh1 million had been withdrawn from his bank account.
Police suspect the complainant may have been stupefied, and he has been advised to seek medical attention as investigations commence.
The case has been taken over by officers from the DCI Kirinyaga West, who are pursuing the matter under the offence of stupefying and stealing as efforts to trace the suspects continue.
[DNK-International@February 1,2026]