By Our Correspondent,Busia.
Two suspected gang leaders linked to the notorious “Jobless” criminal gang have been confirmed dead following a shooting incident connected to riotous disturbances in Busia town yesterday.
According to a follow-up report filed at Busia Police Station, the incident was reported by Dr. Joab Egesa of Busia Maternity and Nursing Hospital yesterday night.
The medic informed police that the facility had earlier received several patients suffering from gunshot wounds during the unrest.
Among them was Fred Odhiambo alias “Papaa,” aged about who sustained a gunshot wound to the right side of the chest, with the bullet exiting through his back.
He later succumbed to the injuries while undergoing treatment.
Another victim, Allan Odhiambo Oluoch alias “Johnte,” suffered a gunshot wound to the throat and also died at the same hospital.
A third victim identified only as Nick sustained a gunshot wound above the collar bone but was allegedly removed from the hospital by a riotous mob and taken to an unknown medical facility.
Police said the victims were members of the “Jobless” gang, a criminal group said to have been terrorizing Busia Town and surrounding areas.
The two deceased individuals were reportedly key leaders of the gang.
The bodies were moved to Francis Funeral Home for preservation as investigations continue.
The OCS Busia,DCIO and other officers visited both facilities and confirmed the incident.
[DNK-International@May 20,2026]